Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This and That

Horror of Horrors! My Kindle malfunctioned this morning about 3:30 am. It wouldn’t connect with our wireless network. All the other other computers and the my Nook Color connected just fine. Also it showed that I had no books in the archives—130 books gone! I was awake until about 6:00 am trying to think what to do.

After  having breakfast, I remembered that a few weeks ago, my laptop also malfunctioned and Ben told me to remove the battery and then reinstall it. I had tried everything else I could think of so I asked Mr. Fixit to remove the Kindle battery. That was no mean feat. It took over an hour and the  back on the unit is a little worse for wear. He finally opened it and disconnected the battery and then re-connected it. It worked like a charm. It probably will happen again, but at least it’s working for now. I love my Kindle!

I have been sick. About a month ago I developed a sore throat and a bad head cold. It took me about two weeks to feel better.  It really knocked me on my butt. The problem now is that fluid has built up behind the eardrum in the left ear. My hearing in that ear has been greatly affected, and the high pitched tone I hear constantly is driving me nuts. While I can’t hear the sounds that should be coming into my ear, I have developed this hyper-sensitive hearing to things happening in and around my head. It seems I can hear every hair move when I comb my hair, and I can actually hear the saliva flow down my throat when I swallow. Crunchy food is so loud. No more celery until this is over. It’s as creepy  and unsettling.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and he gave me a prescription for a steroid. He said it could take about 2 or 3 weeks to fix it. I want it gone now! But then, little devils in Hades want ice water, too, don’t they?

Baseball season is just about the corner. Cole had try-outs for his last year to play high school baseball. He made the team, of course. Noah is trying out for his middle school team, and he made the first cut. The try-outs for him last until this coming Saturday. Noah and Owen are playing rec league basketball now.

Today, the outdoor temperature hit 71 degrees and there was not a cloud in the sky. The car was so hot after sitting in the sun, we turned on the AC. This may be the earliest we’ve had to use the AC I think. Spring is knocking on the door although out local groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter. What does Ole Phil know?

1 comment:

jay said...

I thought Phil said early Spring? He didn't see his shadow.