Friday, May 23, 2014

Good Vibrations

I’m not a person whose phone in the center of her life. In fact, until recently, I only knew where the phone was maybe 50% of the time.

Today when Mr. Fixit and I were in the doctor’s office he put his phone on “vibrate.” He punched about 20 keys to do this. I turned mine completely off. He asked me why I didn’t put it on vibrate. I said, “You punched about 20 keys; I punched one.” The truth is I don’t know how to turn on the vibrate function.

When we left the doctor’s office, neither one of us thought to check the phones. We were discussing the information we had been given. When we stepped into the house, Mr. Fixit remembered and checked his. “Jason (our son) called.”

I said, “Uh-oh, if he called mine, too, he’s probably wondering where we are. I’m surprised he not standing at the front door.”

By that time, My Fixit returned his call. He asked Jason where he was. I heard from about half-way across the room, “I’m almost to your house. Where were you?!”

When he arrived I received a lecture about checking my phone and turning it on and putting it on “vibrate.” I told him about Dad pushing about 20 buttons to accomplish this, and I told him it was too much trouble. I said, “Why doesn’t it have a button to push once to vibrate?”

He said, “It does.” He showed us both the right button to push. He said that when he had more time he was coming over to give me a tutorial on my phone that I’ve had for five years. I think that was his best eye-roll yet.

No comments: