Sunday, May 25, 2014

His Priorities

There is a new window blind to be used on our dining room window. It’s 72” wide. While it is unwieldy, it isn’t heavy. I purposefully bought a light, vinyl one. Some of them were too heavy for me to handle, and I didn’t know if he would be feel like putting it up.

Mr. Fixit, as he was lying in bed because he was so tired just from taking a shower, said that he was going to put the blind up tomorrow. I said I would ask someone for help with it or do it myself.

“I have put up blinds before, but I may need you to hold up one end while I work on the opposite end. Oh, and I may need a little instruction for using your Craftsman’s drill.”

After a moment (First I saw a look of dismay fleetingly cross his face and then the cogs turning in his mind), he said, “That drill is too heavy for you to use.”

“You forget—I am the person who carries a purse that heavy enough to give a strong man a hernia.”

Too heavy, my eye! I don’t think he wants me touching his drill.

No comments: