Monday, June 15, 2015

I Love YouTube!

I’m still on my “cozy” mystery kick. Yesterday’s selection featured a yarn shop setting. I found a knitting term that I had never seen before. At 3:00 am I was researching “umbrella swifts.” After a short time I realized that I recognized the item, but I hadn’t known the name. It a mechanical yarn winder. I had seen them somewhere but didn’t know how they worked.

Next stop—YouTube. There are several videos instructing us  of limited  knowledge the proper use of umbrella swifts and yarn winders. There are even instructions for constructing one. I made sure to show Mr. Fixit that one. I hope he got the hint.

YouTube is one of the wonders of the internet. I don’t care what you need to learn how to do, someone has done it before and made a video.

Our older son works in the R & D in computer stuff (that’s a technical term), but he has several rental properties and has flipped a few houses. He does most of the never-ending repairs and remodeling. I asked him once, “How do you know how to do all this electrical and plumbing work, laying floors, car repair, etc., etc?

His reply, “YouTube.”

It’s an absolute wonder!

No comments: