Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Odds and Ends from My Camera

Occasionally I’ll see something and think, “I could use that as blog material.” I grab my camera and take a photo. Nine times out of ten I’ll delete the pics without using them. Today I was checking to see if there was anything worth saving on the camera—there wasn’t much. But there two that I decided to use.

My printer and I had a run-in the other day. For several days I had been receiving alerts saying that any ink spraying from the cartridge could be cleaned up with a wet cloth. I couldn’t understand why I should be getting that particular alert. I had no ink spray. I checked the inside and saw nothing. It’s pretty dark in there. After a few days I grabbed my handy-dandy purse flashlight and took a better look. Yes, indeedy, there was black ink. Following the instructions, I got a wet paper towel and proceeded to put my had inside the printer. I was working blind. When I pulled my hand out, it was covered with black ink. “No sweat,” I thought. “They said it would clean up with water.” I immediately washed my hands, transferring some of the ink from my left hand to my right.

Guess what. It’s can only be cleaned up to a certain point. This is the way my hand looked for a couple of days. I looked like a mechanic who had just finished removing the head gasket for a car. It took a couple of days  to disappear completely. I walked around for those few days  with my hands fisted.squirrel 001

The printer is now awaiting a trip to the electronics bin at our recycling center.

A couple of months ago while I was having breakfast on the deck, I saw a squirrel with a white tail running down the street. It was unusual. I saw one more time another day, but then it disappeared. I didn’t have my camera with me either time. My phone doesn’t zoom enough to have used it.

This morning as I was walking, I saw it again. I managed to get into the house, get the camera, and get back outside before he disappeared again.

squirrel 003 

Click on the photo to enlarge it enough to see my little furry friend. I should have cropped the dead peonies at the bottom of the picture. Oh well.

No comments: