Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Don't Need No Stinking Iron!

When our sons reached the age when they were showering and changing clothes more than twice day (coincides with noticing girls), I showed them how to do their own laundry. To keep from having to iron, they would throw clean, but wrinkled clothes into the dryer. I can’t tell you how many times I explained the reason for having an iron.

This morning as I prepared to throw in load of laundry, I discovered that I had left a load in the dryer. I decided to emulate my boys and run them through a short cycle. I noticed that there is a marking on the timing thing that says “Tumble Press.” I guess a lot people use this and eschew ironing.

I might add that I pride myself for being observant. (Mr. Fixit says I’m just nosy.) I’ve had that dryer for four or five years and never noticed “Tumble Press.” I guess I’m not Jessica Fletcher after all.

No comments: