Monday, July 23, 2007

Mr. Fixit's Vacation

This morning Mr. Fixit left to spend four days with Ben’s family while they are camping at Myrtle Beach. It’s about a 5½ drive. Before he left I gave my usual admonition to drive safely. This time I added one: Don’t swim in the ocean; swim only in the pool.

I received a phone call from Jason this morning telling me that he had phoned his dad on the road and advised him not to swim in the ocean. Mr. Fixit said, “You mom told me the same thing.”

Mr. Fixit’s sense of direction is sadly lacking. I was relieved when Jason let him use his GPS for the trip. He said he stopped once at a fast food place. When he came out, he couldn’t remember how to get back to the highway. As soon as he started the car, the GPS unit told him to turn right and got him out of the parking lot and back to the highway. Having that thingy in the car must be like having me sitting beside him without the eye-rolling and sharp intakes of breath. I’m going to hit my piggy bank and get him a GPS for Christmas.

Ben, (I hope the campsite has internet) DON’T LET DAD SWIM IN THE OCEAN!

No comments: