Sunday, October 14, 2007

Catching Up

The last few weeks have been very busy. It seems that every morning there is somewhere I must go. It feels as if I spend more time in the car than in the house. I wish I could get my life organized.

Fall Ball is ongoing. All the grandsons (except Levi, of course) are involved. It’s a lot of fun. Owen has games on Friday nights (most of the time), Noah plays on Saturday mornings, and Cole has tournaments every other weekend. These tournaments cover the whole weekend with two games a day. Last weekend, we attended a game on Friday night, one on Saturday morning, one on Saturday afternoon, and two games on Sunday. Cole’s team won the tournament. Yesterday Noah was presented with the game ball for his excellent play. He’s remarkable if I do say so myself. Owen is in his first year. They are so cute. Friday evening one of the players on the other team forgot his bat when he walked up to home plate for his turn.

Yesterday was Owen’s birthday party. His birthday is the 15th, but weekend parties are easier than weekday parties. My DIL’s father, who lives in Florida, and her brother and his wife, who are from Alabama, came for the festivities. It’s seems impossible that Owen is almost five years old.

My birthday was Friday. I don’t want to go there so I won’t. Mr. Fixit’s birthday is the 16th.

Speaking of Mr. Fixit, he finally went to the doctor about his back problem and was told that he has a “collapsed” disc that could require surgery. Needless to say, I am quite concerned about that. The doctor put him on medication and painkillers and said that if he doesn’t see any improvement, he will send him to a neurologist for his recommendation.

I think our weather has finally taken a turn for the better. It’s been cool for the past few days. However, the lack of rain is horrible. The grass crunches when you walk on it, and the lake levels are far below normal. They say we are 11 inches short of our needed rainfall. And there is no precipitation in sight.

If you’re feeling a little down, here’s a site that may lift your spirits a tad. I go there frequently lately.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

No comments: