Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Republicans, You Gotta Love'em, Bless Their Hearts!

May I set the scene? A lady (me) with several years of life experience (that means “old”), gray hair, and wrinkles is reading the news as is her usual custom on the Yahoo! News site. A headline catches her eye. As she reads she can be heard tittering as only slightly prudish ladies titter. As she continues reading, her titter becomes a chuckle. The chuckle quickly becomes a loud, uproarious guffaw as she finishes the article entitled, “Republicans Spent $1,946 at Topless Club.” According to the article, the entertainment was topless and/or clad in bondage toggery (I think I just made up a word.).


Apparently, the RNC is not thrilled with the expenditure and has asked that a donor/vendor to reimburse the Committee. The Committee spokesman has stated that he doesn’t know what took place at Voyeur West Hollywood or who attended the festivities. Surely the name of the club should give the spokesman a clue as to “entertainment” at the club.

AND THIS JUST IN: A RNC staffer has been fired because of the incident. Or maybe he was fired because the expenditure was “outed” in the press. Poor Guy! I wonder if he is a sacrificial goat while Mr. Steele goes on his merry, money-squandering way. It’s none of my business though if Mr. Steele is a spendthrift because I have never contributed to the RNC. However, if I were a donor, I may have been a little p.o.ed when I found at about how my hard-earned donation had been spent. I also wonder if the Committee would have asked for reimbursement if the expenditure had been ignored by the press.

I have to admit my curiosity is piqued. $1,946 is a lot of money for one evening’s entertainment. Here  in my little town in South Carolina, $1,946 would feed every citizen in town a pulled pork sandwich with potato salad, and a tall glass of sweet tea and entertainment by Travis and the Twits and our local belles clogging their little feet off. The remaining half of the money would have been given to a local charity. And I would wager that our citizens thusly fed and entertained would have had an absolutely wonderful time without the next-morning hangover or that next-morning guilty conscience. Then, again, maybe not. It seems that I read somewhere that there is a Voyeur South Carolina club. Nah, I must have read that wrong.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Too funny!!!! And they call themselves Christians.