Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cabin Fever and Corn Muffins

Mr. Fixit peeped around the dining room doorway, “I smell something good.”

I replied from the kitchen, “That must be my new perfume. It’s called “Corn Muffins.”

He said, “It must be expensive because I can smell it in the living room.”

Later while having our midmorning coffee break with fresh, warm corn muffins he had a small problem with his first one; half of the muffin stuck to the muffin paper cup. (I neglected to spray the cups with PAM because I usually do that out on the deck. I haven’t found a way to keep from spraying it all over the place.) While he was scraping the remains of his muffin from the first paper, I removed the paper from his second one without tearing the muffin to pieces.

He said, “So now you’re the Muffin Wizard?”

We gave ourselves a device for streaming movies through Netflix for Christmas. Mr. Fixit has been watching old B/W westerns since Monday. I’m so glad that he’s had something to do while we’ve been trapped. Cabin fever makes our goofy conversations goofier than ever.

No comments: