Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Tiny Glimmer

Today brought some relief from a few problems that have been driving me nuts. The problems aren’t solved yet, but at least we are making headway.

We had an appointment with our tax guy and took some papers to him that should prove to the IRS that we don’t owe thousands and thousands of dollars to them. The accountant said he would write a letter today with our documentation. Both our banker and the accountant have said that we have no liability. I hope the IRS says the same thing. The tax guy said that we should hear from the IRS in 6 to 8 weeks.

Mr. Fixit must have a medical test done. We had a hard time finding a doctor who was a “Network Provider” for our Medicare Part Whatever insurance. I found one in a town 30 miles away. I notified our GP and asked that she make the referral appointment. It took her over a week to get back to us. I was a little afraid that they wouldn’t make the referral because the doctor and the hospital we found are in no way associated with our GP. He has the consultation appointment February 14.

Sunday morning at breakfast one of the teeth on my partial plate broke off. I went in Monday and they said they would send it off for repair. Right now I’m wearing the old temporary one that I used years ago. It hurts my mouth terribly. I received a call this afternoon saying that the partial had been returned and an appointment was made for tomorrow for a refitting. I can’t wait. Now all I have to worry about is finding some way to pay for the repair which isn’t cheap.

A little light at the end of the tunnel? I hope so.

1 comment:

jay said...

Does this test have anything to do with what he was talking to me about the other night at my house?