Friday, April 8, 2011

This and That

The last week or so has been a little tough. My glucose levels have been higher than they have ever been before, and nothing I try seems to help.

It started last month when I complained to the doctor about a side effect of one of my medicines. He suggested that I cut the dosage in half. I only cut it by a third though, and there seemed to be no problem except the side effect was still a problem.

Granted, since Mr. Fixit has been gone, I haven’t been eating like I should, but it’s not like I have been o.d.ing on carbs. It’s just that I have not been cooking much. It’s hard cooking for one.

I’ve resumed the previous dosage, but the levels are still twice as high has they should be. Maybe it takes a few days to kick in; I don’t know. There’s not much I can do about it.

************************

I went to Levi’s football game last night. He almost made a touchdown. Those little legs were pumping like pistons! He was with a foot or two of the goal line. Before the game, he told him mom that he didn’t really know what to do. I guess he understood enough to run toward the goal line when he caught the ball.

No comments: