Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Case of the Missing Screwdriver

In the kitchen junk drawer, I keep small tools that I may need so that I don't have to run upstairs to my tool box every time I want to make a small repair. This morning I wanted to remove the light switch plates to wash them. I looked in the junk drawer for my small screwdriver, and I couldn't find it.

Hmmm...Who could have purloined my tiny screwdriver? Let's look at the problem logically. I didn't take it. Who are the other suspects? Well, there is only one other person who lives here and has, on occasion, used my tiny screwdriver. Would he put it some place other than back in the drawer? I'm sure he will say he always puts things in their proper places. So who could have done the nefarious deed? I'm sure Mr. Fixit will offer his usual solution when things come up missing--"Little Girl (the cat) did it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget who else LOVES tools, Levi and he was at your house the other day

Granny Annie said...

"...remove the switch plates to wash them" Did I read that right? Should I be doing that or is it for OCD people only? My mother probabaly washed the switch plates right after she scrubbed the baseboards.

I do have my own set of pliers that everyone knows never to touch.