Friday, May 8, 2009

Jury Duty Again

It seems that I am called for jury duty at least once a year. I have served in Municipal Court in our town, University Court for criminal matters connected Clemson University, and County Circuit Court. Yesterday I received a Qualification Questionnaire from the United States District Court of the District of South Carolina.

If I am called to serve, it could be in courts in either Greenville (45 minute drive), Columbia (2 ½ hour drive), Florence (5 hour drive), or Charleston (5 ½ hour drive).

If I am called, I can guess where I’ll be doing my civic duty. They say Charleston is a beautiful city, but I'd rather see it under different circumstances.

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

I've served jury duty three times but all in the city where I lived. I cannot imagine serving over 5 hours away from home. Do they compensate you for room and board as well as travel? I did enjoy jury duty each time I served and thankfully I worked for employers who were supportive and didn't beg you to beg off.