Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stuff

Mother’s Day was nice. The children took us out to dinner. I picked the restaurant; I always pick the same one. It has back rooms that will seat all eleven of us and allows the children to move around a bit without the need for cautioning them to be quiet and to be still. Of course, they aren’t allowed to run wild. They are well behaved even in a place like Appleby’s where the tables are packed so close together.

Ben gave me a new keyboard for the computer. My old one is kaput, and I don’t like the cordless one I was using. I couldn’t get the new one installed so he opened the remote assistance program, worked his magic, and now I’m working with a new keyboard and mouse. The remote assistance thingy is great. When you use the Windows remote assistance program, you must turn off all your security including firewalls and other stuff you even don’t know you have. The program he uses doesn’t require shutting down the safeguards.

I’ve started my spring-cleaning albeit a little late. I started in the kitchen washing the cupboards and the walls. It will take a couple of more days because of Mr. Fixit’s new schedule. They have asked him to work from 4:00 am to 1:00 pm every day except Fridays. Just about the time I finish my usual chores, it’s time to start lunch. I have maybe an hour and a half for the heavy-duty cleaning. I am wiped out by 3:00 in the afternoons, so if it doesn’t get done in the mornings, it doesn’t get done until the next day (or the next week, or maybe the next month). I Hate Housework!!!

When I woke up this morning I was pleasantly surprised to see the sun shining. It seems like it has been raining for days. The best part is the lake levels are rising nicely. It makes the dreariness of cloudy, rainy days more palatable.

No comments: