Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Laundry Baskets - Another Facet of my Exciting Life

Some years ago my doctor noticed a “blip” on my EKG. He suggested that I take a regular aspirin daily. Some time later, I noticed bruises appearing on various parts of my body that I couldn’t account for. I assume that the aspirin and the bruising were connected because after my new doctor recommended the low dose aspirin, the problem has abated somewhat.

One unusual place for bruising was at my waist on my left side. The bruises would be 3 or 4 inches long and were bright red before they faded to that sickly yellow. I finally figured out how I was getting the bruises. My laundry basket was the culprit. When I carry laundry up and down the steps, I hold the basket with my left hand and brace it at my waist. I need the right hand to hold on to the handrail. The basket was causing the bruising.

When I needed a new basket a short time ago, I went to Wal-Mart for a medium sized one. They didn’t have one, of course; it seems that Wal-Mart has a problem with re-stocking their shelves. K-Mart is not one of my favorite places; in fact, I shop there as a last resort. When I couldn’t find one at any other store, I caved in, went to K-Mart, and found this.



This is absolutely the best laundry basket I have ever had. It’s easy to handle and it’s the perfect size. This particular basket holds 1.25 bushels. There are different sizes available in this hip-hugging style. I haven’t had one bruise since I started using this basket a few weeks ago.

I really do dislike shopping at K-Mart. All their stores smell funny to me, the people who work there are harder to find than associates at Wal-Mart, I can’t see that their prices are any lower than Wal-Mart, and they never have enough registers open. I do concede that they often have items that I need when I can’t find them anywhere else.

(It just struck me as I re-read this post—I sure do lead an exciting life. I just spent almost an hour taking a picture, downloading it, and writing this post in praise of a laundry basket. Most people blog about interesting things they do or places they’ve been. Me? I write about laundry baskets.)

1 comment:

Bluegrass Mama said...

Unfortunately, I bought really sturdy laundry baskets several years ago before I saw those hip-hugging ones!

As for the WalMart-KMart debate, give me Target over either of them!