Sunday, January 3, 2010

Colder Than a . . .

It’s cold! When I reluctantly left my warm bed this morning at 7:15, the temperature outside my window was 10 degrees. Even I think that’s cold. It’s very unusual here in South Carolina. The forecast calls for very low temps for the next few days.

Mother Cat, who only comes inside to eat, was waiting for me on the deck railing. She’s the reason I got up early. I thought maybe she would stay inside for a little while. I went upstairs thinking she might stay longer if I weren’t there, but I heard her leave when she finished eating. I feel badly that she is in the cold, but I guess she is used to being outdoors all the time. She panics if I close the door when she is inside. She must be about 7 or 8 years old; she’s been hanging around our house for quite a long time. She must have a warm place to stay, but I still worry about her.



Click on photo to see her wonderful, bright green eyes. I wish she would let me pet her just one time.

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

What a gorgeous cat. She certainly doesn't look any worse for the wear. You can bet she has a cozy place to rest her head.