Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Lot of Hot Air

Saturday afternoon Mr. Fixit and I were in Anderson on some made-up excuse to get out of the house when I spotted a hot-air balloon chase truck. I then remembered reading in the newpaper that this was the weekend for a balloon festival. We drove by the park as the afternoon ascension was taking place. Even though there weren't as many balloons as there were when Anderson hosted a large festival a few years ago, it was still wonderful to see.


This is not a very good pic but I like the dark clouds against the
blue sky with the balloons flying high.

The orange and purple balloon with the tiger paw prints on
the right is celebrating Clemson University. We have orange
and purple everywhere with paw prints on everything from roads
to buildings.

The Clemson balloon aloft

I couldn't get all the balloons aloft in one pic, but I counted 16 as we were
leaving.
(Click on photo to enlarge)

No comments: