Monday, November 22, 2010

Wandering

Mr. Fixit has been retired about 8 weeks. As we were having breakfast this morning, I asked him if he missed anything about working (aside from the extra money). He said he doesn’t miss anything about it. I asked if he missed the routine of going to work or knowing that he had something to do to fill his time. I asked if he was bored. He said he didn’t miss the routine and he said that he can always find something to do. He said, “And when I get bored, we take a drive.”

I miss the routine. I can’t seem to get anything done; my house is even messier than usual. The other day he was working on something and I was in the kitchen cooking. He said, “Are you busy?”

“I’m cooking.”

He said, “I just wanted to know if you wanted to ride to Lowe’s with me.”

“Go? Did you say ‘go’? Wait until I turn off the stove and comb my hair.” He didn’t really have to twist my arm.

That’s why I have unmade beds and unwashed dishes and no routine. I really need more routine in my life to have an orderly life. But it’s nice to be able to go whenever the notion strikes.

1 comment:

jay said...

I can't tell you how wonderful i think it is that you two take rides together and do stuff like that. Don't worry about the house....