Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy Anniversary (Almost)

This morning I was at the upstairs computer reading the news when Mr. Fixit came rushing into the room and planted a big kiss on me. He said, “Happy Anniversary!”

My first thought was, “Darn, I forgot it again.” (Almost every year I forget. Well, actually I don’t forget, I just never know the day’s date.)

He said, “You forgot again.”

“I’m sorry. I had no clue.”

Then it dawned on me. “Wait just a darned second. This is January 19; our anniversary is February 19. You messed up this time—not me!”

A few years ago I said to him, “Do you remember what happens in two weeks?”

He said, “You forget every year.”

“I never forget,” I protested. “I remember every year.”

“You do not!”

“Wait, I think we may be talking about different things. What are you talking about?”

He said, “Our anniversary. What are you talking about?”

“Oh, I was talking about the first NASCAR race of the season.”

If he ever brings that up again, I have this year’s story to tell about his anniversary faux pas. (Teehee)

No comments: