Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Madison Avenue, What Were You Thinking?

Is it just me or has Advertising sunk to heretofore unknown levels just to make a buck?

The “$5.00 foot-long” spots are almost as annoying as Dr. Scholl’s “gelling” series of commercials. I hate them! The young woman who appears in the Progressive Insurance (I think it’s Progressive—I mute every time she appears on the screen) ads grates on my nerves. The cave men have become so-o-o annoying. I just don’t understand most of their new ads. It’s time to come up with something new.

The most tasteless commercials are those for male-enhancement products, the K-Y products, and the ones for impotence. TMI, people, TMI! Those giggling women actually embarrass me. Then we have the Go Daddy girls. Those ads are just . . . icky!

And speaking of . . . icky, most of the evening programming on Spike TV is distasteful.

This has nothing to do with today’s minor rant, but when did the Sci-Fi Channel become the Syfy Channel? Is Syfy more hip than Sci-fi? I wonder how much it cost for the change. It just seems goofy to me.

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Bravo Lucy! You certainly picked the ones that get on my nerves most.

Betty said...

Those commercials are horrible, I agree. And, I just noticed that Sci-Fi had become Syfy. Don't know why.