Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nobody's Business

I very seldom buy anything on the internet, but I “shop” and compare prices for specific items sometimes. An advertisement drew my eye for retro-styled shoes; as a “shoe” person, I browsed through their on-line stock. When I wanted to look for a red handbag locally, I again “shopped” on line to see what was available. After looking for both items, I immediately received email from Amazon advertising shoes and handbags. How far do the tentacles of Amazon reach? I think I resent the fact that my information had been shared with Amazon. Thank heaven I wasn’t shopping for anything for I wouldn’t discuss in this forum.

Amazon, stay out of my business! If I wanted to buy shoes and handbags from you, I would have checked out your site. I didn’t, so butt out! Incidentally, I will not buy shoes, not matter how cute they are, from the site I was browsing because apparently they share my information without my permission.

Grouse, grouse, grouse! Grumble, grumble, grumble!

2 comments:

Bennigin said...

It was probably your PC that shared the information not the website. You probably have spyware or adware on your PC that tracks the info.

Envoy-ette said...

I don't like the ads that always say someone rich/thin/balding is from my neighborhood who discovered a miracle cure. I think I would have read about them in our local news if that was true.
LOL!!