Thursday, July 9, 2009

Plagiarism

The strangest thing just happened. I found that one of my posts has been plagiarized! I am simply astounded. First of all, I’m surprised that anyone found my thoughts were worth stealing, and second of all, I totally surprised at my reaction. I feel angry and violated.

I found it completely by accident by checking my Site Meter details. I found saw this person’s post listed three or four items below the search results for my post of Feburary 1, 2009. I noticed it because her name is the same as my daughter-in-law’s and the summary of her post was almost word for word as mine. I opened her March 6, 2009, post that saw most of it was copied from my post. She even copied the illustration of the djinn’s shoe I had posted. She did say “elf shoe” instead of “djinn’s shoe.”

I wonder if all the rest of her posts have been stolen.

Dena, in case you’re reading this now searching for new material, you should be ashamed!

If anyone would care to make the comparison you can find the this person's post by doing a Google Blog search using the term “leg cramps elf shoe.” Make the comparison and judge for yourself.

1 comment:

jay said...

I'm with you! How dare she?! I could understand someone wanting to share your amusing anecdotes. You sure can tell a story. But to use it as their own is just....just.....dishonest. If she is going to use it, you'd figure that she would at least give you the credit for being funny. I wonder if her intention is to be a funny person with all of these witty stories or if, in fact, she "forgot" to give recognition to you for using your story. One should give recognition, especially when using a story verbatim. I mean, she even copied the damn picture!!! Why would someone do that? I wonder if her name even really Dena, or did she like that name from someone else and decide to use it as her name?????????