Friday, July 10, 2009

Smacked in the Face by Reality Yet Again

(No one would ever guess that Mr. Fixit is still at the beach. This is my fifth post in two days.)

This morning I had my hair cut to correct the unfortunate poofy results of the perm I put in a couple of days ago. A very nice young lady did a good job of fixing the problem. When I paid, she said, “That will be $9.00.” Having not lost all of my mental acuity, I thought, “Hmm, that’s less than I usually pay.” I glanced up at their posted prices. “Haircut - $11.00, Children and Seniors Haircuts - $9.00.” What?! She assumed I am a senior citizen?! She must not have a magic mirror as I do that firms my droopy jowls, brings back my naturally blond locks, and smooths away my “character lines.” She’s lucky I tipped her. Harroomph! And stay off of my lawn!

No comments: