Friday, July 10, 2009

A Slow News Day

This morning on the Yahoo! News, there was an AP video of an interview with Levi Johnson. Remember him? He is the father of Bristol Palin’s baby. Remember her? She’s the daughter of Sarah Palin. Remember her? Oh, forget it. You know know who I’m talking about, right?

Anyway, the thrust of the interview concerned the reason for Gov. Palin’s decision to leave office before her term is completed. He was then asked if he would vote for her if she ran for President in the future.

Am I supposed to care what this young man has to offer on the controversial decision made by the Governor? Do I care whether he would vote for her or not? Pul-leese! This interview was about as newsworthy as the story in the Houston Chronicle today about the woman who accidentally shot her lover during a game of “dirty cowboy” while engaging in foreplay. I have no idea what “dirty cowboy” is, and guess what—I DON’T want to know.

You may be thinking, “Why did she read these two news items in the first place?” In my own defense, like everyone, I occasionally slow down and gawk at car accidents. The same principle applies.

2 comments:

jay said...

Sarah Palin is HOT!

Granny Annie said...

I read about that stupid interview and was horrified Levi Johnston would, first of all, say anything and second of all, media would even seek him out.

You hit the nail on the head about slowing down to gawk at accidents. I occasionally read something or listen to something and wish I had not.